Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Mooshy-gooshy

Okay, so, I went to the IAM Conference this past weekend and I WILL write something about it at some point (if nothing else, at least post visual art that spawns out of the inspiration to ART), but I also got to visit with Scott for a couple of days. So this is what happened...

Inspiration for creativity + God's awesomeness + Scott = Motivation for creativity + explosion of endearment

I try to keep math simple. I'm sure there are a number of other factors I could toss in there, but this isn't about mathematics. This is about poetry. Enjoy.


Proximate

No TV sound or ambience,
you woman, young man,
sitting in liberating silence-
a quiet scarcely breached
save for calm, regulated sleepy breathing
Forehead to forehead,
his nose neighboring her own,
and palms cradling cheeks.

Yet, even in this proximity,
lips never trespass what we've sworn,
strangers to each other
'lest wedding vows are spoken
And in this place, in this solace,
a peace grows between us
like a tender shoot young with life,
nurtured by the Son of David
and giving form to greater grace.

Gentle, tender, soothing
I feel no danger in this place
Who is this man,
mirroring through speckled imperfect glass,
the image of God?
Though incomparable with the face of Glory,
what a gift this is that I've recieved.

Hand cradling her cheek,
gentle strokes soothe her weary bones
The palm of the Spirit warms her
and she is captivated.

YB07 2 26

No comments: