Friday, March 23, 2007

Art Auction: v.1.0

So this is not exactly an overview of the auction but just a very quick response to it. I may write something more ... "official" later, but I'm not exactly the best when it comes to writing anything "official."

First and foremost: God has so amazingly blessed me with this evening.

The art auction up at the Church Studios, hosted by Olivet Covenant Presbyterian Church - "A Work in Progress" - was awesome. While I do not know all the details of how everything went, I'm very certain that the auction was a success. I do not know all the details because 85% of my time was spent in my studio interacting with and being social with the wanderers that would come in. ... I had the joy (note: mild anxiety) to come in when a handful of people were already there, and then even more came in, and I got to explain my process for the pieces I've made. And then scramble with my faithful assistant (note: Scott) to set some things up for better viewing. And then I got to very consistantly reiterate many things, but it was really great to have people ask about the works (and works-in-progress) and to discuss things with them. Apparently the pieces I've been working on, the lightboxes, is intriguing.
It was awesome.
Overall? I am floored, in the way in which my jaw ought to have been scooped up off the floor quite a few times. Besides being able to converse with individuals about my work, God also blessed me amazingly with one simple question asked by a few people: "So, are you selling any of your work?" This is not a question I was at all prepared for, nor one that I thought I would ever get asked.

Four out of six of the prints (etching, monotype, and collagraph) I put into the auction were bid on and taken, two or three that apparently had been bid over quite a few times, and one of which I had NO IDEA would be bid as high as it was.
Four prints (collagraph and etching) were sold right out of my studio.
... I don't know what to do with myself other than to say that God is so good. I am encouraged and humbled all in one stunned package. I pray that my brother artists in the Studios were so blessed by the event.

I am exhausted. Scott has left to go to Lansdale so he can go on a band adventure for the weekend. I think it's time for me to sleep.

No comments: