Monday, April 30, 2007

Atrocity in the name of "art"

Apparently, a Hungarian filmmaker won an award at a film festival recently for his "edgey" or innovated piece. I don't know the reasons why he won the award, but what I do know is that he should not have been awarded anything. There is a scene in the film that lasts more than 2 minutes in which a kitten is held underwater until it dies. The entire drowning process is shown in the film. For this reason, I am not including a link to where you can see the film. The jury says that they had thought that the scene was a special effect, but the filmmaker himself admits that it is not. He claims that the cat was ill anyway, and this was a "mercy killing."

I think that's B.S.

I had once heard a story on Animal Planet about a group of men that were arrested for cutting up a horse with a chainsaw, while it was still alive. And taking photographs. I don't know their reasons, and quite frankly I don't care.

These are more than just an "animal rights" complaints for me. I do love animals, as they are a part of God's creation, although I do not put them on the same level as human beings. They are to be taken care of. To actively torture, injure, mistreat, or effectively kill an animal with no real reason (which drowning would be) speaks volumes towards the inner psychology and inner spiritual darkness of a person. They have a twisted regard for that which is living, whether it is animal or human. Who is to say that an act of violence towards an animal would not lead towards violence in the realm of humanity? It is indeed a deep darkness for someone to take the life of something else into their own hands in torturous ways. More than that, to revel in it and celebrate the "artistic freedom" of it after having won an award for it.

Makes you think about movies that revel in the "entertainment" of horror. Yeah we know it's not real in THOSE movies, but you know there are twisted individuals out there that want to make it real, and are highly entertained by the idea of torturing others. Some who do make it real. ... Not as being influenced by media per se, but influenced by the darkness already within them, mastered by none other than the father of lies.

I wish I didn't watch the video. I'm scarred for the rest of the day... prayerfully the image will be burned out of my mind somehow.

Good things have happened since the last post that I made, and hopefully my next post will include those joys. This was just too startling to not say anything about.

No comments: