Wednesday, February 02, 2011

I'm addicted to Etsy and Ice Cream

Etsy.com is a website dedicated to artisans and would-be crafters all over the globe who want to sell their wares and (usually) hand made goods. Some are amazing and jaw-dropping, others are closer to what you would find in your local flea market.

I love Etsy, enough to draw a heart around it on a piece of paper (but not on a tree. I don't love it that much.) I have spent countless hours perusing Etsy, not only in my boredom, but also in my constant search for materials to make my own necklaces because I can usually find some unique supplies there. I enjoy looking at the things I wish I could put in my home, or wear. I've more recently questioned, "Where was Etsy when I got married?!?" Oh, sure, Etsy was there and in existence. I just didn't really know what wonders were in store until much later. C'est la vie. But in this questioning of what-could-have-been, and because I spend so much time on Etsy anyway I am deciding to throw together Etsy outfits just for the heck of it. I was a tom-boy girl, and I suppose you could say this is a good opportunity to exercise the stereotypical feminine talent of putting together a good looking outfit without spending money or doing leg work.

TA-DA:














































I've linked each photo with the item as it's being sold on Etsy -- unfortuantely the cute little bird purse has already been sold ages ago, and there aren't any duplicates in the store. But, it's still nice to look at at least.


I know I still owe this blog a finished 30 THINGS TO DO BEFORE I'M 30 list, but I don't have one yet. It may show up here some time later today though, as it is cold outside, icy, and I don't have anywhere to really *go* until later on this evening. We'll see. I also need to take care of chores and possibly working on or even delivering some necklaces. Hmm.

No comments: