Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Inspiiiiired

You know, this blog used to be an attempt to sort out my thoughts when it came to art making, and posting images of my work in progress. Wonder what happened...

So, in light of that, here's a brief entry to let you know that I think I found my arts' soul mate. Okay, maybe not soul mate, that's too strong an affiliation for someone I don't know and for a process that looks to be quite different from my own. But the layers of color... the layers!

http://seedsgallery.com/artists/jeremy-fahringer/#
http://jeremyfahringer.com/

Paintings by Jeremy Fahringer. I don't know who he is, but I dig the paintings. This one in particular.


Developer, 2007

Since the latest images seem to be from 2007, I have to wonder if he's still working on this type of painting. I know my own work has taken on different forms over the past several years, although in a strange way carrying some similarities along the way. I wonder how much Mr. Fahringer's work has changed since 2007? Hmm...




No comments: