Tuesday, April 09, 2013

30 Buckets Before 30

Though there are some other things buzzing around that I could write about, for now I thought I might update my bucket list. Because I know you're very interested in knowing about the things that I've accomplished in the four months I've been 29. (don't worry, I'm not altogether interested either)

What I've got done:
1. Have a grown-up bed, and not a loft bed - DONE! As in, officially done, and not just kind-of done. We officially have a grown-up bed. I wasn't expecting this to happen until... I don't know, sometime after 30.

2. Have a consistent exercise/yoga routine - Believe it or not, I actually am trying to exercise on a regular basis thanks to Tony Stark Horton's Power 90 Workout.... not to be confused with his p90x workout. So this can be legitimately crossed off the list.

3. Do a professional photo shoot with hubby.

4. Find a way to make art and make money in a consistent way. This is worthy of a separate blog post.

5. Cook for others, and with others, more. - Not consistent, but we did host Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner this year. I look forward to doing that more.

6. Be less cynical. I *think* I'm better at this?

7. Have a mini-garden... or be a part of a co-op. - I didn't have a mini-garden, but the unedible plant in my office seems to be living and doing very well. I'm counting it. This will be moved to another list whenever we happen to gain a house.

8. Get a professional massage - My friends Katy and Erin got me a massage gift certificate for my birthday!!! YAY!


9. Do an MS Walk - I am signed up to walk on May 4th!





Ongoing, or things that just need work anyway:
10. Visit my brother more. - I saw my brother for Easter! This sounds like a simple task but it's, um, more complicated than it should be. 

11. Have a healthier diet / eat less processed foods. With exercising, this seems to be going better.

12. VOLUNTEER!!



Here's what I want to accomplish by 2014, with the rest of my 30 items:
Now that it's starting to get warmer again outside, several of these should be pretty easily accomplished.


13. Go Camping - We have a tent and a camp stove. We need to take a trip to an EMS to get sleeping bags...

14. Ride a bike in the city - Now that the weather is getting warmer, the opportunity to do this is near. I promise to find someone to take a video of me being terror stricken while riding down a Philadelphia street.
15. Go on a legit picnic, basket and all

16. Go on a Philadelphia Tour of some kind, because I've lived here for 6 years and I'd like to learn something about the history of where I live.

17. Go somewhere outside of the US - Canada is looking like the least expensive option. Maybe a pre-emptive 30th birthday adventure... That's a hint to my friends. And my husband. If he read blogs.
18. Now that I'm thinking about it, Get a Passport should be on this list.

19. Take a self-defense class

20. Take an art class of some kind. My soul is turning into a pill bug without some kind of input.
21. Pursue getting into art shows again - I kind of fell off this boat and into a black hole last year.

22. Make my artspace at home more conducive to art making - I started!! I just need to finish. Still.

23. Go to a city I have never been to before - There aren't too many cities that I've been to, so there are all kinds of options.

24. Participate in an Improv Everywhere event - I don't know, it could be fun. And totally outside of what I would normally be comfortable doing.

25. Participate in the Sketchbook Project

26. Start making a comic revolving around our cats, Autumn and Tobias - This is replacing the idea I had to start writing a book, because drawing my cats having adventures is more fun, and in theory easier to accomplish. Doing that before I'm 30 is another matter.

27. Get back into writing in my prayer journal - FAILING.

28. Participate in a print-exchange again - I so miss printmaking. Ugh.

29. Go fishing - OK, I'm not dead set on going fishing but I'd kind of like to catch a fish. Who can I go fishing with??
30. Seriously pursue having kids

BONUS!
I considered nixing my BONUS Bucket, but after some investigating I discovered that petting a tiger is not as far fetched as I thought. Or, at least being in the presence of a living, breathing tiger. I don't know if I'd be able to touch it. But you can "adopt" tigers at the Philadelphia Zoo, and as chance would have it, for $150 you can set up a personal meet-and-greet with a tiger and its handler.

This kind of tiger is not acceptable.

2 comments:

kathryn said...

I want that dog. :)

kathryn said...

I want that dog. :)