Monday, October 30, 2006

Butterflies like to stay in my stomach.

Warning: This post will be heavy on the images!

I realize it's been a while since I mentioned the exhibition that I somehow managed to get a piece in... About a week ago was the opening, and of course I went to it. God bless my dad for driving all the way to DC and back again.
The closer and closer that we got to the gallery, the more anxious I got. You know that feeling.. when your chest tightens and it feels like there is a dozen butterflies trying to find a way out of your stomach. That's how I felt most of the time I was there, although it started to ease once I got to talking to some people. I couldn't help but keep thinking in the back of my head, "Wow, all these other artists are so good. What am I doing here??" The echoes of that are still in my ears.
I got to meet three of the jurors, and found out that there were about 100 + applicants, 28 of which got into the show. I don't know how I got in there. One of them named Peggy seemed interested in me and she thinks that I should join the Washington Printmakers' Emerging Artists group that just got started. Yikes! The scary thing about that is just that I don't know how often I'm really going to be able to make prints anymore. I want to (I really, really do), I just don't know how that will work out with everything else that's going on in my life at the moment. Things are just.. wow crazy.
I also got to meet some other artists (some not from the show). Another man named Ted was interested in seeing more of my work..

Of course, all of the people I got contact information for (about 5?) I need to email yet... This past week was just all over the board with things to do.



In other news... I went over to the studio Saturday and took pictures of the space. I'm so excited about it, and to be honest I can't wait to start doing stuff again. When I have space to do work, I will make work. At home, I don't have space, so I haven't really been working on the pieces that I started. I'm ready to pop; there are so many ideas in my head rattling around, waiting to get out... sketching would probably help, but.... well. My habit with sketching is just toliet water. Anyway, here are some photos:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, um... yeah. I um... yeah... think you're like some kind of good at stuff that 's all artsy-fartsy so um... yeah. You should think "hey, I guess all that hard work pays off and I'm like, um... good at this sometimes."... yeah.

Um..., is this not the most awkward post ever?... I guess I'll end it on a high note...

SCOOTER IN A FIREMAN CALENDAR!!!! YAY! O-o...