Monday, October 02, 2006

Progression




So, here are some photos of what's been going down with the projects. The photos are kind of not so good, but I figured they didn't need to be nice while the projects are in-the-making.
This one to the left I've been waiting to work on more for a while, since I didn't have enough material to do the next step. That, and I've been waiting to go to KU to use the printmaking studio... However, as I was on campus, I bought some mylar sheets to continue the project.

Words, words, and more words to come. Here's a tip, kids, that I had to learn the hard way: Do not roll off a rubber band from a tube of mylar sheets, because you will slice your hand. My thumb got a nasty "paper" cut from the mylar... I was going to take a photo of it, but a) figured no one would want to see, and b) my camera doesn't do micro. Just know that it was very stingy. Don't get a paper cut from a mylar sheet. It hurt more than a cardboard-paper cut.




Ah. The self portrait piece. ... Well, it's been in this state for a while now and I haven't touched it again yet. This is partly because I'd been waiting for the paint to dry, but also partly because I'm timid in doing what I want to do next. I'm unsure if it's going to look right, but I like the idea so much; well, for the most part. It's still kind of new and weird for me. I'm really excited to be in the studios because then I'll have more vocal input than just my own. That'll be sweet.


The last thing I wanted to share is a piece I'm working on for my dad. Honestly, I'm not taking it too seriously, which I don't know if that's a good thing. The plan is to put a horse figure contour in there using white sand or powder, similiar to my black contour stuff, buuuuuut... Eh. I'm not particularly into this piece, but it's supposed to be a gift. It's kind of more experimental and my dad gets to keep it. It's also kind of just a release to get SOMEthing with color out of my system. I'm just playing with it, more or less, and my dad gets to have the aftermath.

That's all I have. There's a whole lot of ideas floating around in my head and I really need to get around to sketching them out. That whole kinda-sorta idea about making an art object out of my mom's old jewelry case? Yeah, it kind of decided to root itself in my brain and now it won't go away. I keep adding on more thoughts including bits of glass that I recieved from my best friend Heather... which is a whole other story on its own, but basically her car got broken into in front of my house.
I don't know why I keep thinking of that jewelry box now. I'm not a 3D artist, you know (watch me limit myself).

No comments: