Wednesday, August 16, 2006

She's Off to China

I promise that these posts will not happen very often, so bare with me. But, because I won't be seeing this girl for 11 months I figured that Barbara deserves a little more spotlight. I had breakfast with her this morning and drove her off to Carlisle... she's leaving next Wednesday... I can't believe it!

By the way, I don't recommend driving and trying to take a photo at the same time.



































One of the things we mentioned in the car ride was how crazy it is that people are doing things and going places right out of college... Not everyone I know is doing something right away, and there's not a thing wrong with that, but I would have never thought I'd have something to do. I thought I'd still be looking. And yet, that's not the case, and I'll be in Philly rubbing shoulders with art students. Barbara is going to China. Tony has moved to Philly. Heather is going to go to Indiana (as in, the state). Brian is moving out to State College. Other friends are going other places.... It's exciting and scary at the same time. It interests me the different places God puts people, and the different times. There is a time for everything, and a place, and a purpose. It'll be exciting to see how things roll out.





-Y

P.S. Next post? Since it turns out that P is an amazing writer -- moreso than I thought before -- it makes me want to write. Perhaps I will get some poetry out of me.



1 comment:

Barbara said...

I LOVE these pictures sooooo much!

i flippin' miss you already. sure you don't wanna come to c-burg for one last visit!! LOL.

i'm definitly suffering from separation anxiety tonight. big baby that i am....i got home and suddenly was overwhelmed with emotion and just started crying. it really caught me off guard.